Wednesday 15 April 2015

Help safeguard the fishing you love.....


....it may only cost you fifty pence a month.

Apathy has always been rife among us fisherfolk. Oh how we bury our heads in the sand and hope all the ills and problems that affect our waterways, and ultimately our fishing, will simply wash away with the current.

Luckily there are groups of people who will fight our corner for us; they will challenge the law, use the law against those, who by breaking it, affect the arteries of life that weave their way seawards.

I have been a member of the Angling Trust for a while but have only recently joined the Wild Trout Trust. Direct debits make life much easier and I recently found out that the two I have set up only really cost me 50p a month.

Having recently switched current accounts I was surprised to find that with certain criteria (two direct debits being one of them) my bank gives me £5 a month. £2.50 goes to the Angling Trust and £3 to the WTT every month and just think if we all only had to contribute 50p a month, so many of us could ensure that the hard work both of these organisations continues as many of us directly benefit from it.

See what your banks are offering, the future of our fishing is worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment