Tuesday 26 April 2016

North country wet flies - retied

I won't lie, I rather impressed myself with the tying and photography of the Partridge and Yellow earlier in the year. As a result I set about re-tying and photographing some more spiders.

Last year after purchasing Rob Smith's excellent The North Country Fly I got into a frenzy and tied a lot of spiders and wet flies, I had a lot of fun, however, I had made the mistake of tying the bodies a little too long, merely aesthetics of course but it bothered me enough to have another go. These I feel are much. much better, I'm still impressed with myself, I hope you don't mind and now I've restocked with some more Partridge Classic Spider hooks I'm going to do a few more.

Procter's Pearly Butt Bloa
Paul Procter's Pearly Butt Bloa
Olive Partridge
Olive Partridge, something I tied to show off a partridge skin I had dyed
Waterhen Bloa
Waterhen Bloa
Hare's Lug And Plover
Hare's Lug and Plover

2 comments:

  1. Great looking spiders. Those should fish well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are gorgeous spiders. Your tying and photography are exemplary.

    ReplyDelete